Monday, January 07, 2008

The 'Pink' Craze


Will somebody tell me what's the big deal about the Pinkberry craze? I was overhearing folks talk about the new Pinkberry out in La Canada, while waiting to get brunch at Hill Street Cafe this past Sunday. The folks were saying something about how good the flavor was, and that you can order one that is black (with all the flavors and colors mixed together). I have yet to visit the newish location in Old Town.


I read on their Web site that they have Cap'N Crunch, Coco, and Fruity Pebbles toppings, which is pretty cool. They also have sweet rice cake as a topping under their shaved ice menu, which is intriguing enough.

Before I decide to fork over my hard-earned money for the place that "launched a thousand parking tickets," according to the Los Angeles Times, I need some local data.

Speaking of frozen treats, I had my annual visit at Carvel Ice Cream on Long Island, NY, over the holidays, and it was just as smooth, creamy and dreamy as I remember. Now, if only they would open a 24-hour drive through. Their secret is likely it's higher butter fat content, which tells me why their ice cream lasts longer than the average McDonald's soft serve.

No comments:

About Me

Pasadena, California, United States
A Los Angeleno and Pasadenaphile who dreams of a better, cleaner and safer world for future generations.

Blog Archive