Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cloverfield - Monster Theory

I'm intrigued. The fact that something seemingly big enough to rip off the head of the Statue of Liberty, and throw it down the middle of Manhattan streets, was quite an attention grabber. There's a new J.J. Abrams (of television's "Alias" fame) film coming out entitled, "Cloverfield." It's supposed to be about a monster that attacks New York City. The scenes shown in the trailer seems very "Blair Witch," except it didn't make me feel as dizzy.

My theory (possible spoiler alert): it's about a giant bee or wasp. The only hint it gives from the trailer (and besides the title) is that there's the sound of something fluttering, like wings of some sort. Then, of course, the title of the film led me to think of bees. I still don't know why there was always an abundance of clover honey at the supermarkets.

I haven't seen much discussion about the film online yet. We'll see in about a week, after the sneak previews are over, whether my theory holds true.

No comments:

About Me

Pasadena, California, United States
A Los Angeleno and Pasadenaphile who dreams of a better, cleaner and safer world for future generations.

Blog Archive